Koha is a fully featured library management system, highly configurable and scalable to meet the needs of libraries of all types and sizes. It is feature rich, modern and user friendly.
Koha is free software licensed under the General Public License (Version 3 or later).
CALYX provides Koha services in Australia and the Pacific. We combine the advantages of free (open source) software with the advantages of cloud computing to provide a convenient solution offering extraordinary value to libraries.
We are excited to have celebrated our tenth year of providing Koha support services in Australia.
Koha OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE AS A SERVICE
• Fully featured LMS
• Thousands of installations world wide – national, academic, school, public and special libraries
• Fully web based; built entirely on open standards
• Highly configurable to meet each library’s needs
• Federated searching is inbuilt; E-resource integration advancing rapidly
• Scalable from very small to the largest libraries
• Development is driven by librarians, not the marketing department
OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE
• Higher quality software
• Rapid development
• Enhanced security
• Lower total cost of ownership
• No extra charges for additional modules or more users
• No vendor lock-in
• Mitigation of risks of vendor failure and product discontinuance
SOFTWARE AS A SERVICE (CLOUD)
Access anywhere, any time, on any device
• No in-house hardware requirements (all you need is a web browser)
• No in-house software installation or maintenance
• State of the art data centres
• Frequent, smaller upgrades
• Costs are known and predictable
|The CALYX Difference||Calyx||Other vendor|
|Two major release upgrades per annum – included in your Hosting with Support plan fee|
|All security upgrades applied promptly upon release – again included in your hosting fee|
|Hosting in a ‘state of the art’ data centre; real time data replication and nightly back-up|
|Help Desk – support via telephone or web request form: receive prompt assistance from our friendly, committed team|
|Monthly report of 856$u broken links|
|Newsletter with Koha features and tips – at no extra charge|
|Experienced and committed – supporting Koha in Australia and the Pacific since 2003|
|Continuing KohaCon sponsor; participants in project governance – we give back to the project that gives so much to us|
|Koha supplied exactly as downloadable from koha-community.org – an exact copy of your software always available|
|All new development is offered to the project for inclusion in a future release of Koha. We stay with the upstream code, ensuring you do not get stranded on a fork or left behind, unable to access new releases|
|No charge to leave our service: whilst we’ll be sorry to see you go, we will provide a copy of your data base free of charge promptly upon request|
We also offer support services to in-house (non-hosted) Koha installations. These services are generally provided at our hourly rates. An annual ‘health check’ is also offered.